I think a lot of progress has been made over the past 5 years or so to improve skin on the chest. It’s never been an area where surgery has been a good option. And………for those of us who tried to tan when we were young, sunburns here were just ignored.
Start with the basics:
- You can use, to keep it simple, the same products on the chest you use on your face, if you want. Just dial down a little your retinoid, or your glycolic. The chest area is more easily irritated than the face. You may need to adjust for that.
- All light exposure on the chest increases the damage, so cover up or use high zinc sunscreen every day.
- There are several skin care products formulated for, and the really nice for the neck and chest. Try using Nectifirm Advanced in the morning under your sunscreen, and Neck, Chest, Hand Repair before bed.
- Work on getting the color problems and blotchiness cleared up. Ideally, you want the same color and quality of skin on your face, neck and chest…..and well….on your whole body. Again, think daily sunscreen to help you.
- Find a good dermatologist’s office with one of the more powerful IPLs (so you’ll actually get results), and get started. This is best tool on the chest for color problems. You’ll need 3-5 treatments to do the repair, and then 1-2 for maintenance per year depending on your activities. Try to complete that initial series within 9-12 months. Going cheap on this often costs you more over time because the equipment isn’t as good, and you’ll just need more treatments.
- IPLs also build a little superficial collagen which will help with fine, but not deep, lines.
- If you have a ton of brown on your chest, consider using a Fraxel instead of the IPL. It also helps with fine lines.
Lastly, work on the deeper lines:
- Side sleepers and women with heavier breasts tend to develop these more. Makes sense.
- If the above applies, if you can sleep in something with a some bra-like support in it, it may help. It may take a few tries to find what works for you.
- Sculptra, with a body dilution which is different than for the face, works really well here. But only if it’s properly done!! Find a dermatologist who has a lot of experience please. Usually 1 vial (body dilution) done twice gives a great result.
- Also our clinic, and several other clinics, is using the carbon dioxide laser in combination with platelet rich plasma fibrin matrix (PRPFM) which is also giving excellent results.
The post For my lines and blotchiness on the chest, what would help? appeared first on Skintour.